The following agreement, releases, and assumption of risk statements are provided here for digital signature for your convenience. If you have any questions or concerns, please email [email protected].
In consideration of the services of Recovery Beyond Paradigm, their agents, owners, officers, volunteers, participants, employees, and all other persons or entities acting in any capacity on their behalf (hereinafter collectively referred to as "RBP"), I hereby agree to release, indemnify, and discharge RBP, on behalf of myself, my spouse, my children, my parents, my heirs, assigns, personal representative and estate as follows
1. I acknowledge that my participation in hiking and mountaineering activities entails known and unanticipated risks that could result in physical or emotional injury, paralysis, death, or damage to myself, to property, or to third parties. I understand that such risks simply cannot be eliminated without jeopardizing the essential qualities of the activity.
The risks include, among other things: the hazards of walking on uneven terrain and slips and falls; rugged terrain; being struck by rock fall, icefall, or other objects dislodged or thrown from above; weather conditions; water hazards; accidental drowning; collision with fixed or movable objects; cuts, burns, abrasions, and concussions; strains, sprains, cuts, bruises, muscle soreness and fractures; musculoskeletal injuries including head, neck, and back; injuries to internal organs; loss of fingers or other appendages; the possibility of eye damage or loss of hearing; exposure to altitude and cold including hypothermia, frostbite, acute mountain sickness, exhaustion, cerebral and pulmonary edema; exposure to temperature and weather extremes which could cause, hyperthermia (heat related illnesses), heat exhaustion, sunburn, dehydration; exposure to potentially dangerous wild animals, insect bites, and hazardous plant life; loss or damage to the climbing ropes and equipment being used; equipment failure and/or operator error; improper lifting or carrying; being lost or separated from their guides or companions; the negligence of participants, or other persons who may be present; accidents or illness can occur in remote places without medical facilities and emergency treatment or other services rendered; consumption of food or drink; my own physical condition, and the physical exertion associated with this activity.
Furthermore, RBP employees have difficult jobs to perform. They seek safety, but they are not infallible. They might be unaware of a participant's fitness or abilities. They might misjudge the weather or other environmental conditions. They may give incomplete warnings or instructions, and the equipment being used might malfunction.
2. I expressly agree and promise to accept and assume all of the risks existing in this activity. My participation in this activity is purely voluntary, and I elect to participate in spite of the risks.
3. I hereby voluntarily release, forever discharge, and agree to indemnify and hold harmless RBP from any and all claims, demands, or causes of action, which are in any way connected with my participation in this activity or my use of RBP's equipment or facilities, including any such claims which allege negligent acts or omissions of RBP.
4. Should RBP or anyone acting on their behalf, be required to incur attorney's fees and costs to enforce this agreement, I agree to indemnify and hold them harmless for all such fees and costs.
5. I certify that I have adequate insurance to cover any injury or damage I may cause or suffer while participating, or else I agree to bear the costs of such injury or damage myself. I further certify that I am willing to assume the risk of any medical or physical condition I may have.
6. In the event that I file a lawsuit against RBP, I agree to do so solely in the state of Washington, and I further agree that the substantive law of that state shall apply in that action without regard to the conflict of law rules of that state. I agree that if any portion of this agreement is found to be void or unenforceable, the remaining portions shall remain in full force and effect.
By signing this document, I acknowledge that if anyone is hurt or property is damaged during my participation in this activity, I may be found by a court of law to have waived my right to maintain a lawsuit against RBP on the basis of any claim from which I have released them herein.
I have had sufficient opportunity to read this entire document. I have read and understood it, and I agree to be bound by its terms.
(Must be completed for participants under the age of 18)
In consideration of ("Minor") being
permitted by RBP to participate in its activities and to use its equipment and facilities, I further agree to indemnify and hold harmless RBP from any and all claims which are brought by, or on behalf of Minor, and which are in any way connected with such use or participation by Minor.