Help Support The Mission of Recovery Beyond. Volunteer Today!
Our efforts are largely driven by the commitment and compassion of our volunteers. You help us support the incredible journey our program climbers are on and help us to expand the program to more participants.
Learn More About our Volunteer Opportunities
Review Volunteer Expectations
Volunteering with Recovery Beyond is designed to give interested parties the opportunity to be apart of a sober community. Whether you are in recovery yourself, or support addiction recovery, as a volunteer you will spend time with and get to know those in their first year of treatment, sharing quality time and the love of the outdoors together. As a volunteer, we want you to have a great experience and to support our entire community on the road to long-lasting sobriety.
There are a few things you should know if you plan to volunteer. Please see the job descriptions for details about each role.
- For activity based volunteering, there are a limited amount of spaces for each position and event. After submitting your application and signing up, we will be in touch with your assignment.
- Before you begin any volunteering, we do ask you to wait until a Recovery Beyond representative reaches out to you, confirming your volunteer assignment, giving you more specific training and details.
- If you have not signed up for an event, and/or signed up as a volunteer, we ask you to do so and wait until we contact you before you attend any event.
- When arriving for your assignment, please make sure to check in with the leader for that event.
- Quarterly, we hold a “Volunteer Orientation”. We do ask that you attend this in the quarter that you signed up if you can not make it, or the orientation has occurred, please make a point to attend the next orientation.
- The Program Manager will provide oversight and directions prior to the event about your role and expectations; such as duties, responsibilities, timing, dress, etc. It is expected that you will follow our code of conduct which is found in our volunteer handbook.
- The program provides specific training only for some roles.
- We welcome your feedback via email after an event for any suggestions you may have for improving our processes or resources.
- The final mountain climbs are for Recovery Participants only, and for selected volunteer leads. If you do wish to be a leader on one of our summer expeditions, please indicate that upon sign-up, and we will be in touch with you.
Thank you for offering your time and talent to support our work.