Help Support The Mission of Recovery Beyond Paradigm. Volunteer Today!
Our efforts are largely driven by the commitment and compassion of our volunteers. You help us support the incredible journey our program climbers are on and help us to expand the program to more participants.
Learn More About our Volunteer Opportunities
Review Volunteer Expectations
The Recovery Beyond Paradigm Volunteer Program is designed to allow interested parties to share time with those in recovery participating in our program and to share their love of the outdoors with others. As a volunteer, we want you to have a great experience and to support our climbers on the road to long-lasting sobriety.
There are a few things you should know if you plan to volunteer. Please see the job descriptions for details about each role.
- For activity based participation, there are two basic roles to select from: ‘Exercise Buddy’ and ‘Hiking Buddy’.
- We have two locations for Exercise Buddy’s to choose from: Seattle and Tacoma, you may which location is best for you.
- There are a limited number of spots for each of the hiking or climbing events. You will need to reserve a spot ahead of time on our site by going to our Facebook Event Page here: https://www.facebook.com/recoverybp/events/?ref=page_internal
- Sign-ups are on a ‘first come, first serve’ basis.
- You will be asked to sign our annual waiver (the first time only) and to agree to the rules established by our team leaders. The safety of all involved is a major concern in order for the program to be effective.
- When arriving for your event, you will need to check in and be sure you have an up to date waiver on file.
- You do not need to commit to all hikes or events to sign up – each date is available on its own.
- The Program Manager will provide oversight and directions prior to the event about your role and expectations; such as duties, responsibilities, timing, dress, etc. It is expected that you will follow their requests. You could be asked to be the ‘check-in person’; responsible for signing others in and allocating the gear that is to be distributed.
- The program provides training for some roles.
- We welcome your feedback via email after an event for any suggestions you may have for improving our processes or resources.
- The final mountain climbs are by invitation only due to the limited number of climbing spots. There may be additional requirements to meet; they will be communicated prior to the event.
Thank you for offering your time and talent to support our work.